On Avoiding Airport Nightmares and Nastiness



I'm not a neat freak on any level but I have a thing against nasty airport floors.  You know, the ones that thousands of people slap with their sweaty feet while they're shuffling through security?  I always, always, wear socks or stockings because I just can't bear to think about  my feet connecting with what's on those floors.  Now that it's summer, I'm amazed by the throngs of flip flop-clad flyers who think nothing about bare feet and frosty, dirty airports.  I usually suffer though stockings with my ballet flats but I've discovered a much cuter solution. The folks at Kushyfoot sent me free samples of their extensive line of reflexology-infused travel foot wear and I'm happy to say that the foot covers are the solution to my airport fears. Thin, soft, nylon with heel guards and foot cushions cover the bottom of your foot without peeking out of your shoes.  I slip through security without having to suffer thick socks, hose or who knows what kind of fungi. 

Another travel aid that I appreciate that was sent my way for a tryout was MyTagalongs disposable underwear. Yes, that's right.  I'm loving these throw away panties and keep them in my carry on at all times. Even though I always carry on my luggage, I've been in many tiny jets that are too small for carry ons and my luggage along with my change of clothes, gets separated from me.  Yes, you can always wash out your underwear but it's just not as fresh as when they're machine laundered. For me, MyTagalongs provide me with some piece of mind whenever I'm going through typical airport-luggage nightmares. What are some of the things that help you make it through the airport process?

Comments

Thanks for the travel tips - that disposable underwear is such a good idea!
eden said…
Great post.I always wear foot socks every time I travel. I have to check these things out here. I want to try this disposable underwear
Fly Girl said…
Maxine, they are a must!

Eden, regular socks are always hot in the summer, the foot covers are so much lighter.
Jean-Luc Picard said…
Some really sensible items there. T9o think what has been on those airport floors.
maryandsean said…
These are good tips. I always forget to bring something for my feet, and I feel grossed out...
I'm with you on airport floors. They are filthy. Another travel tip I was given recently is to put on a new pair of socks when you arrive at your destination. Your feet feel fresh.

Greetings from London.
I was horrified the first time airport security made me take my sandals off - I didn't have socks and it was a bit of a shock. I'm finding a lot of airports have loosened up now, though.

Are the disposable knickers much smaller than regular ones? I often take really old pants (and socks) on holiday, so I can bin them and have less to carry home...
Fly Girl said…
Jean Luc, sensible indeed.

Mary, the foot covers work because you can wear them with any casual shoes except sandals so you don't forget.

Cubano, I never thought of that but that's a good idea.

Rachel, security hasn't loosened the shoes restriction here yet. The disposable underwear stretches and isn't much smaller than normal.
Unknown said…
I can't understand why airports don't provide people with slippers when they go through security as they do in Asia. I hate barefoot on these dirty floors and don't take my shoes off until I have to walk through the detector even if this means the guard has to wait. Socks are good to use for this situation as well.
The underwear is something to look into. Good advice!
Fly Girl said…
Cate, soon after 911, certain airports used to offer the slippers but now they ban them.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons