Sunset Memories


Sunset is my favorite time of day. I love the drama of the changing sky and the pretty colors that spread across it. Of course, the best sunsets are always over water so I've compiled some of the most memorable sunsets of my island travels. My all time favorite is this stunning sunset over Hilton Head Island, above. The Spanish moss dripping over the water just ups the dazzling effect.


This sunset is dipping down over Eleuthera in the photo above. The amber and apricot hues over the water and palm trees create a lovely image.



I think this flame-colored sunset over Cozumel is the most striking. It looks like streaks of fire rolling over the water. The fact that I viewed this from a pirate ship seems extremely appropriate.


In Fajardo, Puerto Rico, the slip of rosiness behind the palm tree on the right qualifies as the most delicate sunset. Do you have any sunset (or sunrise) memories from your travels?

Comments

Jean-Luc Picard said…
You've seen some fabulous sunsets!
Fly Girl said…
Jean-Luc, I'm about ready for more now!
Oneika said…
These are lovely. The coolest sunset I've ever seen was in Zanzibar! I wish I had a better camera back then to capture it!
Fly Girl said…
Oneika, Zanzibar! Just the thought of that sounds amazing.
Oh, yes, that first photo gets my prize. You're right, it's about the drama, isn't it? I love sunsets.

Many thanks. That was a fantastic and visually beautiful post.

Greetings from London.
Fly Girl said…
Cubano, I think we both appreciate drama!
They're all gorgeous shots, Rosalind! I have special memories of sunsets at Urulu/Ayers Rock in central Australia.
Fly Girl said…
Andrew, thanks, coming from a skilled professional, that means a lot. Ururlu sounds unforgettable, you should post those.
I must say you might have had a fabulous experience with these sunset memories. I simply loved those sunset pictures, thanks..!!
Fly Girl said…
Florida, thanks for visiting!
You must have wonderful and fantastic experience. Very beautiful and charming I have seen second time first one I saw in Luray, Virginia. I had wonderful time over there.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons