Chicago Blues For Travel and Music Fans


I mentioned that I had completed writing my book a couple of months ago and it will soon be published on April 8! Exploring Chicago Blues; Inside The Scene Past And Present, is an accessible guide to Chicago blues history, with suggestions on where to go, who to see and where to eat for an authentic blues experience. I've researched and experienced the varying aspects of Chicago blues culture for several decades, first as part of my heritage and then as a fan and finally as a columnist;I write a monthly blues column called Sweet Home for the Illinois Entertainer. With this book, I take travelers and music fans on a trip to one of my favorite places and cultures.


It guides you inside the local blues clubs, helping readers savor the experience of listening to artists like Peaches Staten, above, belt out soulful blues accompanied by her frottoir, or washboard, inside the friendly walls of Rosa's Blues Lounge. I guide travelers through the best soul food spots to sample another important aspect of blues culture. Pig feet, greens and fried chicken were always essential ingredients at many Mississippi juke joints. The crucial connection of Mississippi, where blues masters developed the genre, to Chicago, where thousands of Magnolia State residents moved during the Great Migration, is the foundation of both my book and Chicago blues style. If you won't be in the Chicago area in the coming months to attend any of my book events, please visit Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The History Press or Good Reads to order a copy or learn more about Chicago blues. And if you do visit Chicago, please let me know so I can offer you some personalized Chicago blues tips!




Comments

Congratulations! I'll look for your book here in Detroit.
Fly Girl said…
Hi Dominique, Thanks so much!
TexWisGirl said…
congratulations to you!!!
mkdubose said…
You did it!!! Congratulations Fly Girl! peace...
Fly Girl said…
Makeba,
At last! Thanks!
Congratulations on having the book published after all those years of research, Rosalind. How I wish I could be there at your events associated with it. Maybe for the next book...
Fly Girl said…
Andrew,
Thanks so much for your kind thoughts!
SandyCarlson said…
That sounds like a great book! Congratulations!
Catherine said…
wow - congratulations - looks a fantastic guide to wonderful aspect of chicago culture...
Fly Girl said…
Catherine, thanks so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons