Inside Dubai



The striking structures of Dubai's cloud-topping buildings are one of the famous hallmarks of the city but I quickly discovered that the interiors are just as enthralling. Archways, geometric patterns and golden accents filled every hotel that I visited and I was captivated by the meticulous attention to detail.The cascading arches and bold colors against white walls above, was a stand out feature inside the Burj Al Arab, billed as the most luxurious hotel in the world and I have to agree with that description.



The unusual sail shape of the Burj Al Arab is reflected in the layered walls, above.


These rich golden designs adorned an elevator in the Burj Al Arab.




Inside the Madinat Jumeirah Resort, a swirl of marble staircase with finely etched gilded rails caught my eye.


I was struck by this pairing of an avant guarde lighting piece with a flowering arrangement in the Vida Downtown Dubai hotel.



And I was fascinated by this design inside of a mosque. It was the only place that displayed richly arrayed art and it was fittingly, the spot designated for the Imam to lead prayers. 

Comments

These are superb photos. Thanks.

Greetings from London.
Fly Girl said…
Cubano, thanks, the design in Dubai is stunning inside and out.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons