More Montreal Street Art


Besides the bohemian spirit and international vibe, what I love about Montreal is the zany street art. Yes, there are historic murals and lovely statues but what really excites me are the unexpected art scenes that pop up on walls and in alleys. I  last chronicled the city's street art in 2014 and four years later, I discovered fresh pieces all around the city with Danny from Spade &  Palacio, which supplies non-touristy tours. Check it out:



This rather creepy paintings stared back from a side street.


I was thrilled to spot this Jackie Robinson tribute for when he played with the Montreal Royals baseball team. I learned that he played with the Royals in 1946, before starting with the U.S. National Leagues and that it was a mutual love affair between Jackie and Montreal. His wife Rachel described his year of playing in Montreal after dealing with the racial hatred in the U.S. as "like coming out of a nightmare, the atmosphere in Montreal was so positive."



This old world figure peeked out of an alley across from the iconic  St. Viateur Bagels shop.


I really loved these anime characters hanging out on the side of a cafe.


And this old lady is quite famous from travel photos but I still enjoyed seeing her up close. If you visit Montreal, the street art should be at the top of your must do list, next to eating poutine and bagels, which I will cover in the next post.

Comments

Love, love those murals. So creative. Thanks.

Greetings from London.
Fly Girl said…
Thanks Cubano, I knew you'd appreciate the artistry.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons